Sunday, April 17, 2011

Volcanoes!

A couple of weeks ago, we studied volcanoes in OM 3. I am fascinated by volcanoes. As it turns out, so are my children. I purchased this volcano kit for our demonstration. That's art and science rolled into one! My kind of activity!

We forgot to add the red food coloring the first time. Still, it was an impressive eruption.



The boy had the idea of recreating Pompeii...with army men and Native Americans. There were army men and Native Americans at Pompeii, weren't there?



2 comments:

  1. Oh - they were SO there! Totally!

    COOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - I love the addition of the army men and Native Americans. And this is a momentous occasion - a science experiment gone right!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails