Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ruth Heller World of Language Series

Quite by accident, I recently came across a lovely series of language arts books. I wasn't even looking for a language arts curriculum, but saw these books mentioned on an Oak Meadow forum that I frequent and knew I had to check them out.

The Ruth Heller World of Language Series is a beautiful collection of picture books with each book highlighting a particular part of speech. There are eight books in the series:

  • Merry-Go-Round, A Book About Nouns
  • Mine, All Mine, A Book About Pronouns
  • Kites Sail High, A Book About Verbs
  • Many Luscious Lollipops, A Book About Adjectives
  • Up, Up, and Away, A Book About Adverbs
  • Behind the Mask, A Book About Prepositions
  • Fantastic! Wow! And Unreal!, A Book About Interjections and Conjunctions

This afternoon I received the first four that I ordered.


I loved them so much that I ordered the other four tonight. (It helps that Amazon has a "buy three, get the fourth free" promotion going on right now.)


These living books, have beautiful, lively illustrations and are written in engaging rhyme.


Thing 4, who is a highly visual child, will love this series.



Who knew that grammar lessons could be so much fun?

2 comments:

  1. Ordering right now! Just today we were studying/reviewing/learning (you know how it is with multiple ages all learning together) nouns, verbs, linking verbs, etc. Selah loves English. Looks like Bryce does too, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look into these....they look great!

    When do you start your new year? I'm thirsting for new ideas, even as we began this past Monday. I'm trying to do other things than the curriculum books.

    Keep posting!! :) Have a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails