Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Trip To Australia

Our first stop in our Christmas Around The World tour was Australia. We read some great books and learned a lot, not only about Christmas in Australia, but also about the history and culture of the country/continent.

Here are some photos of a couple of Australian Christmas crafts we made.

Making Crackers for our guests who will be here Saturday:



Per the instructions, I told the kids, "Write either a fotune or a Christmas wish on this slip of paper and put it in the Cracker." When I asked Thing 4 what she wrote, she said, "'A Christmas Wish', just like you said to."


(Hair brushing is so over-rated, doncha think?)

We loved making this Bay Leaf Christmas Tree. It smells so good!



Now on to France!


3 comments:

  1. This is soooooo AWESOME!!! Great job!

    How long does it take for you to plan? Do you plan every day or night, or a week before? You do such a great job!

    What a blessing to Otherwise Educate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd like to say that I'm super organized and have my activities and work planned out months in advance, but that would be a lie. Sometimes I plan a week at a time, some times I grab a cup of coffee before my kids get up and plan our day then. I like it so much better and things run more smoothly when I get it all planned out in advance, but with four kids at home, it's hard for me to do all the time. Also, I'm a little eclectic when it comes to school, so I'm apt to change my plans, anyway.

    However, I did plan this entire unit study out about two weeks ago. I ordered all the books I needed for the entire unit study and checked them out at once so I'd have them on hand as we need them.

    Thanks for the sweet compliment. :-) We have many rough days and challenges that I don't post about, but overall, I think things are going well. Are you planning for your first year yet? How's the pregnancy going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree! And Thing 4's hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails